Bitumen World, through it’s Plant and Equipment Division, manages and maintains an extensive fleet of construction machinery and vehicles. In addition to both fleets, the company also possesses manufacturing plants; both for the manufacture of asphalt and crushing of aggregates. Bitumen World prides itself in part on the diversity and quality of its’ equipment; giving the company confidence to meet contracted expectations, both as productivity and quality of finished product.
The make-up of the construction machinery fleet, while providing for all typical road construction activities, is structured to support:
- General Earthworks with bulldozers, excavators, tippers, graders, rollers and water trucks.
- Pavement Layer construction built around three recycler teams.
- Concrete Works with a batch plant, concrete mixers and trucks.
- The haulage of bulk aggregates with interlink side tippers.
- The establishment on site and general movement of machinery through the use of lowbeds.
- Hot Asphalt Surfacing, by way of two paving teams.
- Bituminous Seals Surfacing with four bitumen distributors and various chip spreaders.
- Storage, heating and transport of bitumen.
- The manufacture of Asphalt with two plants, one static in Harare and one mobile.
- The Crushing of Aggregates with three mobile crushing plants inclusive of 3-deck screeners.
The company has invested in asphalt plants primarily to secure continuity of supply and a quality of product to meet SATCC specifications. The combined reliable production of these plants is 180 tonnes per hour.
Mobile crushing capacity became necessitated in the local market where established productive quarries are restricted to a few major centres and where the rehabilitation of the road network extends to remote areas. A mobile crushing plant serves both the interest of potential clients and the company; in being able to produce crushed aggregate close to where it is required saving on haulage costs.
Bitumen World prides itself in part on the diversity and quality of its’ equipment; giving the company confidence to meet contracted expectations, both as productivity and quality of finished product.